The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Level 4 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Management qualifications are designed for new and aspiring department heads, regional team leaders and other middle managers, enabling you to really get to grips with the role, gain comprehensive business knowledge and develop the skills you need to lead at this level. All learners are able to study a diverse range of units to build their qualification - an Award (Minimum 5 Credits), Certificate (Minimum 13 Credits) or Diploma (Minimum 37 Credits). This high level of flexibility allows individuals or their employers to custom build a qualification focusing on the key areas of middle management that are most relevant to the demands of a specific role, industry or organisation.
Please note these qualifications are classroom-based VRQ Qualifications that are aimed at developing you as a manager. However you may also study a work-based NVQ at this level.
This course is aimed at new and aspiring department heads, regional team leaders and other middle managers.
Each unit in this qualification focuses on a specific set of skills and knowledge, in six broad areas:
• Working with people – a range of units including how to motivate your team and techniques and strategies to develop the people you manage
• Managing yourself and personal skills – including units that focus on assessing your own leadership performance, and developing the mental toughness to handle challenges, opportunities and stresses in your role
• Providing direction – for example, the skills to plan and lead a complex team activity
• Facilitating innovation and change – for example, assess the implications of change so you can manage it effectively, and strategies to encourage innovation in your teams
• Achieving results – such as techniques for making strong, effective decisions and finding and implementing solutions
• Using resources – including solid abilities to plan and control budgets
Benefits for individuals:
• Consolidate your management skills and experience
• Build knowledge of specialist business areas such as finance and marketing
• Develop the capabilities and personal awareness you need to be a leader
• Accredit your experience with a nationally recognised qualification
Benefits for employers:
• Middle managers with an advanced understanding of their role and function in your organisation
• Managers who can assess and improve their own leadership styles and behaviours
• Flexible choice of units – customise this qualification to close skills gaps in your organisation
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as ILM Level 4 Certificate, Diploma or Extended Diploma in Leadership and Management and Level 5 Qualifications in Leadership and Management.
[contact-form-7 id="2197" title="ILM Level 4 Enquiry Form"]