The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Level 5 Certificate in service improvement is a qualification that has been specially designed to give practising or aspiring middle-to-senior managers a solid foundation in their formal development in this role with regards to service improvement and lean production.
Please note these qualifications are classroom-based VRQ Qualifications that are aimed at developing you as a manager.
The Level 5 Certificate in Service Improvement is designed for experienced or new department heads and project leads or other middle managers in organisations adopting lean methodologies or looking for ways to improve performance and efficiency. Learners will learn to lead significant service improvements using lean methods.
The level 5 Certificate in Service improvement comprises of the following two mandatory units:
1. Preparing to Apply Lean Production and Improvement Methodologies to Operational Problems in Service Delivery
2. Applying Lean Production and Improvement Methodologies to Operational Problems in Service Delivery
- Analyse and evaluate lean production and improvement methods
- Create a project proposal using lean methods to improve a service in your organisation
- Implement the service improvement project, with appropriate controls
- Evaluate and report on the success of the project
- Managers with an advanced understanding of lean production methods to maximise value to customers and minimise waste
- Support a culture of continuous improvement in your organisation
- Transfer of skills to the workplace through the implementation of an action learning programme
Successful learners have the opportunity to progress to a range of other qualifications including the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Management offered by BDM.