The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Level 5 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Management are qualifications that have been specially designed to give practising or aspiring middle-to-senior managers a solid foundation in their formal development in this role. All learners are able to study a diverse range of units to build their qualification - an Award (Minimum 6 Credits), Certificate (Minimum 13 Credits) or Diploma (Minimum 37 Credits). This high level of flexibility allows individuals or their employers to custom build a qualification focusing on the key areas of middle management that are most relevant to the demands of a specific role, industry or organisation.
Please note these qualifications are classroom-based VRQ Qualifications that are aimed at developing you as a manager. However you may also study a work-based NVQ at this level.
This course is aimed at practicing or aspiring middle-to-senior managers and small business owners who wish to progress through:
- 'Managing improvement', both in terms of organisational and personal development.
- Developing their reflective management, concentrating on the analysis of personal strengths and weakness and how to work through problems using creative techniques.
Each month BDM runs at least one unit from the level 5 programme and depending on the qualification chosen - Award (any 2 Group 1 Units), Certificate (any 3 Group 1 Units and 1 Group 2 units) or Diploma (all units below plus one distance unit) - to make up your credit requirements your qualification may include any of the following units:
March 20th -Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace 417 (6 Credits) - Group 2
April 24th -Leading Innovation and Change 504 (5 Credits) - Group1
May 22nd -Developing Critical Thinking 503 (5 Credits) - Group1
June 19th -Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance 400 (4 Credits) - Group 2
July 24th -Managing Projects in the Organisation 511 (4 Credits) - Group 1
August 21st -Making a Financial Case 502 (3 Credits) - Group1
September 18th -Managing Improvement 501 (3 Credits) - Group 1
October 23rd - Becoming an Effective Leader 522 (5 Credits) - Group 1
Benefits for individuals:
• Use core management techniques to drive better results
• Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
• Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
• Benchmark your managerial skills
• Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers:
• Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to foster business improvement
• Engage middle managers with training and development – this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
• Customise this qualification to your development needs.
The ILM Level 5 Diploma can lead straight onto the Level 6 Qualifications or, for the first time BDM is able to offer progression straight onto the final year of a BA honours Business Enterprise degree.